|Invitations: 50 Cents-$2 Each||Gift: $20-$30||Outfit: $50-$120|
For Catholic families, a child's first communion typically takes place when he or she is 7-12 years old. In addition to the religious ceremony, parents may choose to invite family, friends and classmates to a first communion party afterward.
Related articles: Cake, Wedding Caterer, Event Photographer
- Invitations for a first communion typically cost 50 cents-$2 each. Parties for Kids sells packages of eight invitations for $10 shipped, for about $1.25 per invitation.
- The child's outfit typically costs $50-$120. Boys wear a suit or tuxedo, which is often white, and girls wear a white dress. For example, the Catholic Children's Company sells a white suit for $80-$90 and a white communion dress for $60.
- The child's accessories such as matching dress shoes, a tie for boys, and a veil for girls typically cost $10-$30 each. For example, Cashel House Gifts sells a veil for $31 and a tie for $10.
- First communion gifts may include a rosary, a Bible, or jewelry, and typically cost $4-$30 each. For example, Concordia Publishing House sells a variety of first communion gifts for $6-$26.
- A first communion party or reception can be a relaxed dinner at the family's home or a catered party at a restaurant, so prices range from less than $100 for food and decorations to $1,000 or more for a larger event. Home and Garden Ideas suggests party locations and themes ranging from a backyard barbecue with yard games and cake to a formal reception including guest speeches and religious-themed decor.
What should be included:|
- A first communion ceremony and reception are often paired. Some common first communion party supplies are the cake, party food and drinks, and decorations, according to Holy First Communion .
Shopping for a first communion:
- Party decorations may include a banner, balloons, or flowers. Shindigz sells personalized first communion banners for $10-$15. They also carry a variety of party balloons ranging from $1 per balloon to $8 per 100 balloons.
- A party cake typically costs 35 cents-$4 per slice, ranging from supermarket sheet cakes to tiered bakery cakes.
- First communion favors typically include small toys for children and candy or mints for adults. Cool Party Favors sells communion-themed mementos and gifts for $1.50-$4 each.
- Event photography typically costs $50-$300 per hour. For example, GDeCardenas Photography in Miami offers a 45-minute first communion session for $100.
- Invitations, Etc. provides several examples of invitation wording for first communion. According to Occasions , invitations should be mailed seven to eight weeks before the event.
- Circus City Kids suggests ordering a dress up to 14 weeks in advance, and lists other tips for dressing a child for first communion.
- Catholic Culture explains how to prepare a child for their first communion .
7 Tricks To Make Home Appliances Last Longer
Give your household equipment a little workout now and then, to make sure anything mechanical will perform well when needed. Periodic exercise can extend the usable life of many items. || Posted October 14 2013
5 Important Things to Know Before a Tornado Hits
This week the Midwest has been battered by tornados, which are one of the most violent and destructive type of storms nature has in its arsenal. || Posted November 19 2013
What People Are Paying - Recent Comments
More Recreation & Activities Topics
Search Thousands of Topics on CostHelper.com