|Segway Rental: $20-$35 Per Hour||Buying a Segway: $6,000-$13,000+|
A Segway is a two-wheeled electric personal transporter that uses gyroscopes for stability and steering. The driver stands or sits on a platform between the wheels and steers, accelerates and brakes by leaning on a handle at the front. They can be rented for tours or purchased.
Related articles: Electric Bike, Bike
- A new Segway typically costs $6,000-$13,000 depending on the model and where it's purchased. For example, Segway Los Angeles sells the Segway i2 , which has a 260-pound carrying capacity and can reach a top speed of 12.5 mph, for $6,295. The higher-end Segway x2 line typically costs about $6,900-$13,000 new, and includes all-terrain tires and fenders to protect riders from debris.
- Individuals can rent Segways or take tours for $20-$35 an hour in most cities. Segways can also be rented by businesses or for special occasions for about $700 from dealers like Segway of Oakland in California.
What should be included:|
- Less expensive Segways include the machine, but may not include a front basket or footpad.
- Some more expensive models can travel farther on a single charge and often include bags that attach to the handlebars, mats for the driver's platform and taillight. Custom and specialized Segways, like those with seats or outfitted to carry golf bags , are more expensive. Custom Segways can include skid plates, hitches, trailers and more.
- Individual tours and rental normally include a 10-40 minute instructional session and helmets.
- Purchased Segways can include rechargeable batteries and wireless key and alarm system.
- Segway riders may want to purchase a taillight and a headlight, which can run up to $164 from Segway. A bicycle headlight, which could cost $9-$100, would also work. Lights can also be a manufacturer add-on, depending on the Segway model.
- A helmet, like the kind worn by skateboarders, can cost $15-$60.
- A parking stand, similar to a bicycle kickstand, costs $65 from Segway. The stand is also something that can be purchased as an add-on or included depending on the model.
Shopping for a segway:
- Used Segways start around $2,000 and increase based on the machine's condition and add-ons.
- Segway dealers may be able to offer discounts on used Segways
- Segway tour discounts are occasionally available from daily coupon dealers and travel sites. For example, the organization that markets Washington D.C. as a travel destination has a $5 Segway tour coupon .
- Licensed Segway dealers offer new and used Segways, as well as tours.
- Tour providers, such as this multi-city company are available in major cities and are easily found online.
- Used Segways are also sold on sites like Amazon and eBay .
How Much Do Professionally Installed Holiday Lights for Your Home Cost?
A family from Australia are new Guinness World Record Holders after stringing roughly 31 miles of holiday lights around their home -- more than half a million individual, flickering lights. There are 502,165 lights to be precise. || Posted December 1 2013
10 Most Popular Cosmetic Procedures Before the Holidays
With reunions and other get-togethers scheduled during the holiday season, most people want to look their best at this time of year. For some, that means filling in those wrinkles with a bit of botox, or having a nip and tuck down here and there. || Posted November 23 2013
What People Are Paying - Recent Comments
More Recreation & Activities Topics
Search Thousands of Topics on CostHelper.com